[Gpdd] SILLY: Cops and the after party

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 3 18:51:42 EDT 2007

Hi all, for those of you who are not familiar with the show "Cops", it is
shown here in the US and is scenes of actual arrests being made and let me
tell you, some of them are really wild!  I offer the following as proof...

Last night, while Samantha, Tabitha & I were sitting on the couch and
enjoying the latest episode of Cops, we were intrigued to note that this
episode had been filmed very recently in Orlando.  (For those of you who are
wondering how a blind slave watches TV, if Earl isn't around, the girls
narrate for me.)  All of  a sudden, they were showing this little red
convertible *flying* down the highway at a very high, illegal rate of speed.
The cops turned on their siren and lights and took off right behind them.
It was something to see.  That little red car was zipping in and out of
traffic, squealing their brakes, doing u-turns and driving like an Indy 500
driver was at the wheel.  The cops finally managed to run them down and got
them to pull over.  As the first cop approached the driver's window, the
other cop came up on the other side, gun drawn, just in case there were any
axe murderers hiding in there.

The next thing you see is a little paw coming out of the window and a little
furry face, looking quite innocent, looking up at the cop...

Chester:  What is it officer?   Do I have a tail light out?

Cop 1:  License and registration please sir.  And stay in the car.  You look
like a dangerous character to me.

Igor(the passenger):  I didn't do nuthin'!  I was asleep the whole time.
Honest!

Cop 2:  Just hold on Buddy, we'll sort this all out in our own time.  And,
don't make any sudden moves.

Well, it went on from there and the next thing you know, Chester was pulled
out of the car and told to put his front paws on the car and spread 'em!
Wow, I was so excited listening to all this!  Samantha and Tabitha kept
jumping up and down, wheeking at me... "We know them!  We know them!"  Then,
while Chester was being frisked, Igor got out and casually ambled to the
back of the car and sat on the trunk.  The first cop decided to arrest
Chester for R.U.I. (rumbling under the influence) and speeding.  He was
tossed into the squad car without further ado. Meanwhile, back at the trunk,
Igor was doing his best to look innocent.  The second cop got suspicious and
made him stand on the curb while he searched the trunk.  Oops! Busted!  The
trunk was full of weed!  Igor kept protesting that it was just parsley but
the cops were having none of it.  They handcuffed him and threw him in the
squad car with Chester and said they were charging him with possession

After further analysis, it was discovered that the "weed" in the trunk was
indeed parsley and therefore, those charges were later dropped but it was
also discovered that the parsley had been "borrowed" (without the owner's
knowledge) from a previous tea party, so they were both charged with grand
theft parsley.

In the final scene, it showed Chester and Igor behind bars, in their little
striped uniforms, looking at each other and appearing quite pitiful.  As the
show ended, Igor was heard to say ...

"This is another fine mess you've gotten us into, Chester"

Film at 11