[Gpdd] Bridge: Brandy Alexander

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 01:35:25 EST 2007

Oh Julie,

     I felt so bad for you as I read your post and so terribly sorry that you
lost little Brandy Alexander. I loved that name when you first spoke of him
-- when you first got him. Were you able to get him to a vet and get medication
for him?
     I don't recall the details of your earlier piggies or how you got them.
Some piggies just have genetic problems, immune system deficiencies and other
invisible defects (just like people!). You are not a curse to guinea pigs, I'm
certain of that.
     Most of us here usually feel -- after the loss of one of our little guys
-- that we should have done something better   -- something that would have
saved the piggy. Love and care always save them in a sense, but don't
necessarily prolong their lives. Instead they save them from lives of neglect, abuse,
starvation -- all the terrible things that can happen to a piggy on its own.
Look at these poor little girl piggies that are used for breeding and nothing
else. Litter after litter until they wear out without ever having treats,
snuggles, freedom to run about.
     As I have said in the past and as Jaime very recently said, it's really
all about the piggies. If we love them, are for them, give them proper food
and attention we have done something wonderful for these little guys. They have
lived and been loved before leaving for the Bridge. And it doesn't matter if
the piggy is with us for a short or long time. Piggies don't count the months
and the years the way we do.
     I wish I could be a very wise person and say something to comfort you in
your grief, and grief is what you're dealing with. I still get teary eyed, at
the very least (sometimes I just sob), when I think of my babes who are at
the Bridge. But trust me, unless you're doing something terrible that you
haven't mentioned, like letting them go play barefoot in the snow   ;) you are NOT a
curse to your piggies. You've been a life SAVER.
     I send my condolences and sympathy but wish I could somehow say
something to take some of your pain away.

You will be in my prayers,
Alge