[Gpdd] MISC Condolences to the Surrey Squeakers

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Nov 4 14:46:22 EST 2007

Stefanie,

I was so sad to read your post about losing two of the Squeakers.

No matter how old they are, it is always heartbreaking when the time comes for them to leave us. Every piggy leaves behind special memories.

It is especially sad to lose a piggy suddenly, like your Schnapps. When we rescue piggies, we seldom know their history and a previous illness might reoccur out of the blue.

I have never been able to tell the age of a piggy. My Nova looks about 6 months old because of her size but she is at least 4 years old. I have older piggies with little delicate nails and younger ones with tough nails more like talons. Some elderly ones still popcorn. The only ones whose age I know for certain are those that have been born here.

Having a large number of piggies, as we both do, inevitably means sad days like these, but I expect that some of those 107 piggies from the Southampton RSPCA will find their way to your door to cheer up both you and the herd.

Please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of both Budweiser and Schnapps from one who goes through it all too often.

With our deepest sympathy,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.