[Gpdd] Health-dry skin ointment?

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 5 03:15:50 EST 2007

Hi,

My LAPS pig Bronwyn has a patch of dry skin on the center of her back.  I think she can't quite reach it because she's....um...short for her weight.  Does anyone know of a piggy safe ointment that I can put on her?  I bought a product called 'Pulvex' at the local rabbit supply store, but I haven't used it yet because I can't find any info on the main ingredient, hydroxyquinoline.  My pig's vet hasn't heard of it. I even called the company that makes it to ask if it's piggy safe and a rep called me back to say that they're not sure, but will look into it and get back to me.

Thanks,

Lisa & the San Diego herd