[Gpdd] [CARE]<Fennel>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 05:18:55 EST 2007

Hi all,
this is how i distribute fennel to my pigs ;-)
I only get the bulbs (i have to buy them in the supermarket). When there is a bit of green attached i chop that off and feed it to my pigs first. Then i start peeling the layers. This way it stays fresh for quite a while. For my three pigs i peel off one layer and divide it into three pieces. Next day i do the same thing.(once the pieces get tinier, they get more layers)
I sometimes use some of the layers for myself.

I like to make a little flat cup out of puff pastry, then i put some cherry tomatoes with some cloves of garlic in the oven, sprinkled with a lot of olive oil. once those are done, I take them out and put them on the puff pastry (also baked) I cook the fennel in hot water until its just soft enough to eat and then i put the bits of fennel in the cups too. All of this goes under the grill and when it gets out i garnish it with parmesan cheese chunks and the olive ...
Sorry that i'm soo offlist, but if anyone has more recipe's, could you email them to me?? I think my pigs would like it if i have more excuses to buy fennel for them ;-) (although i eat a lot of vegetarian dishes i do sometimes eat fish and meat)
Grtz
janneke and the winky piggies