[Gpdd] health; 5 years plus

bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk bubblecuddle at aol.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 13:15:32 EST 2007

Hi Debbie my boy Bubble went to the bridge in Feb aged 6yrs and 8 months, he was a lone piggy and he lived indoors.

His diet consisted of Meadow Hay from pet shop and fresh food given in the morning his favourites being cucumber and carrot I gave him a big handful of fresh food and any that wasnt eaten I removed in the evening.

He was a small piggy he only weighed 850g and didnt lose any weight before he went, in fact he was still out for floor time the night before so it was a big shock, despite his age there was no sign he was ill until the morning we had to help him over the bridge. The vet said he was dehydrated but? I just think his time had come.

He had floortime every evening for at least an hour I would sit with him whether he chose to come out or not.

He suffered from mites as a youngster, then cystisis (we put cranberry juice in his water from then on and it never reoccured) and finally 6 months before he went he developed impaction and I had to help him empty every day (little guy never complained)

Hope I have covered all your questions and that your quest for knowledge is succesful please share findings with us.

M + Fugly

Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.