[Gpdd] announcement: Lotje won a Prize!!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:59:18 EST 2007

Hi all,

Last wheekend we (my sister Janneke, her piggies Igor, Suus and Yaya, my
boyfriend Erwin, Lotje and me) went to the Knoevelfestijn.
Knoevel is a shelter for guineapigs who have a lot of piggie with OD (satin
disease). Janneke wanted to go there to have Yaya checked by a knowledgeable
vet, but going alone is not as fun so we decided to go there together.

At this festival there was a medical check up for Guinea pigs and especially
for satin piggies. Luckily Yaya is doing pretty okay for her age... The vet
said Lotje was healthy! That not completely true but Lotje does not make a
ill impression. More on that a little later...

There was also a cuddle contest, its like a normal show, but the piggies
were mostly rated on how cuddly they were. The pigs were checked on: coat,
eyes, nails, genitals, ears, shape and how cuddly they were.
Lotje had a pretty okay score on most points and did very good in cuddlyness
(is that even a word?). She started licking the judge. He really thought whe
was cute and sweet, and her loved the little curls on her tummy (he showed
it to everyone who wanted to see, kept turning Lotje on her back, showing
her tummy... Poor Lotje).

We went there last year, then i took Guiny with me. I personally think Guiny
is a Very pretty Guinea pig, and was a bit dissappointed she did not win
anything. So this year i did not have any expectations... and to my surprise
Lot won 8th place!
She has gotten a small cup with a guinea pig on top and a small plate saying
'8th at the cuddlecontest, Knoevelfestijn Stein 2007".
We of course took some pigtures..
This is my boyfriend Erwin showing the cup:
http://picasaweb.google.com/GuinyGirl/KnoevelFestijn07/photo#5128724928980901170
This is me with Lotje and the prize
http://picasaweb.google.com/GuinyGirl/KnoevelFestijn07/photo#5128725006290312514
here is proud erwin with lotje:
http://picasaweb.google.com/GuinyGirl/KnoevelFestijn07/photo#5128725079304756562
And Lotje posing with her Cup
http://picasaweb.google.com/GuinyGirl/KnoevelFestijn07/photo#5128725143729266018

Just a quick note about Lotje's health. I took her to the vet last Thursday,
because she sometimes breathes heavily, she sneezes and her eye looked very
irritated. I went to a different vet this time to see how I liked them. This
vet seemed to know quite a lot about Guinea pigs so my first impression was
good. I got some salve for Lot's eye and some antibiotics to hopefully clear
up the sneezing and breathing. She did not make an ill impressions, so the
antibiotics are more like a precaution.

Okay, that's what i had to tell you all!
A very proud Slave to Lotje and equally gorgeous Guiny and Dazzling Dunya.
Mikey