[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi update

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Tue Nov 6 19:01:50 EST 2007

  I am about 4-5 days behind on my e-mail, so I first want to say if there is anyone who has lost a piggie or has a sick piggie my thoughts are with you all.
  Mimi had her sonogram this morning. Other then being slightly balder then when she went in there, everything looks good.;) I was with her the whole time & the vet that does the sonograms was sooo nice. So was his tech. They couldn't have been better. He did a very thorough sonogram & there are no stones, her kidneys & bladder are good, her uterus looks fine, there is nothing left in there from when she had her babies & he said the uterus looks very normal. There's no gas & basically everything looked very good. He did both her sides & her belly & was very thorough. So, that leaves us with the question of what the heck is wrong with her? She's had a fecal culture, antibiotics, x-rays & now the sonogram. Dr. Knox (the guy who did the sonogram) said the only other thing he could think is that Dr. Hall should double check the x-rays to be sure her bones & uterus are aligned properly? I can't remember his exact words on that, so I may not have that right. Dr. Hall is off on Tues. so Dr. Knox said he will leave everything for Dr. Hall to review tomorrow & he thinks Dr. Hall's first thing will probably be to try diet changes. Dr. Knox said he's not real knowledgeable on piggies (he goes from place to place doing sonograms everyday so doesn't work with piggies much anymore) but he would think that would be the best place to start. I know it's not lettuce or grapes because I have taken both out of her diet for about 3-4 days now & that didn't help. She seems perfectly healthy except she whines when she poos & the poo is just one big blob. She eats & drinks well & maintains her weight. She purrs all the time & although she is very shy, seems pretty happy. I have trouble describing her poos. I called it diarrhea, but I may be wrong on that. It is not liquid, like pee or something, but instead of being individual pellets of poo, it's just one big blob of poo. They're not separated. Maybe that's why it hurts her when it comes out. Is it possible for piggies to have like irritable bowel syndrome? I really hope we can figure it out, but I'm relieved there are no stones. When I hear from Dr. Hall tomorrow I'll let you know what he says. Please keep her in your thoughts & prayers. Thanks.

~Jaime & Mimi~
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/