[Gpdd] CARE: pigs who live 5 or older

Joanne Colangelo dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 16:15:12 EST 2007

While it is obvious that environment and care of our piggies play a major role in their longevity, I had a mother and daughter.  I adopted ANNIE as an adult so I'm not sure how old she was when I got her, but she had been very neglected and was in bad shape when the rescue got her out of a kill shelter.  (Yes, her time was up.)  She was sick and pregnant.  She gave birth to a girl we named MONKEE 5 weeks after I adopted her.  Monkee later got a severe case of mites and had seizures.  I treated them all and it never happened again.  Now, Annie and Monkee had the exact same care/environment/food, etc.  Monkee died at age 3 1/2 and Annie was about 5 or 5 1/2.  I would have thought that having started out in life with the best of everything, Monkee would have had a long life, but it didn't happen that way.
Joanne
Spicy, Merri, Macie, Teddy, Baci
In heaven: Annie, Abbie, Monkee

OPT to ADOPT a homeless animal!