[Gpdd] Misc: Miss Zeussy's Long Lost Sister, Princess Snowflake!!

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:16:36 EST 2007

Hello All and Leah!
I was just cracking up when I was reading about Princess Snowflake acting
like a spoiled child!! Miss Zeussy is exactly the same way! She is almost
impossible to catch and she sure does scream when I do finally catch her.
She has this really loud wheek that makes her ears wiggle. That's when we
know she means business! She also talks almost the whole time I hold her,
but it gets a little more calm the longer I keep her in my lap. She prefers
a blanket to feel safe out of her cage as well. She also loves to lick my
hands for some reason when she is in my lap. She will do it as long as my
hands are in front of her.

As for begging, she really make sure we know who is boss. Almost everything
we do makes her think she is getting a treat of some sort, most likely
because we cave almost every time! She is really bad if you even step foot
in the kitchen or office. Veggies are in the kitchen and hay is in the
office. She also knows my husbands shower schedule so she starts being a
pest as soon as he hops in the shower in the morning! She will wheek first
very loudly, then move onto chewing the bars and rattling the cage as loud
as she can! She will go on for a very, very, very long time! She has also
started in the last 6 months demanding fresh water in the mornings. She use
to get it every night, but that wasn't what she wanted apparently!  She will
rattle her bottle until you refill it and of course she will only drink
bottled water! Quentin just sits back and enjoys the fruit of all her labor
that lazy boy!

Speaking of Quentin, his eye is fully recovered from the scratched cornea. I
am so relieved! He is still on oral antibiotics for a few more days to clear
up is bacterial infection in his nose, but we are almost finished! Miss
Zeussy has also made herself known in this process. She gets very upset when
I take Quentin out of the cage and will stand on her "Princess Perch", which
is an upside down bowl in the corner of her cage, and stare at me while
talking until I put him back. It is the cutest thing!! Erik said she paced
her cage and was looking for Quentin the whole time we were gone at the
emergency vets! Her "Princess Perch" doubles as her begging spot for goodies
as well! Quentin in the same way with Miss Zeussy if I take her out of the
cage. He gets all upset and paces back and forth until she is back safely in
her side of the cage, then he tries to get her to rumblestrutt with him!
They just can't stand to be apart, although Miss Zeussy would never admit
it!

Well that is enough ranting about my precious spoiled piggies. Healing
wishes to all the sick piggies out there. I am very sorry to read about all
the piggies passing on to the Bridge. I wish they would stay with us a
little longer. Warm hugs and wheeks to all the slaves who have lost their
babies.

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin and Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the Bridge