[Gpdd] CARE: discomfort, Mimi and Isis

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sat Nov 10 11:03:29 EST 2007

Jaime and Angela, I've been going through something similar with my
Sunshine, who has been wheeking in discomfort when he poops.  I was
treating him for gas, using infant simethicone, but it finally dawned on
me that he might have some constipation.  The other night, I gave him a
tiny bit of mineral oil, and it has helped!

"Tiny" translates into about 0.15 ml.  From past experience, I've
learned that mineral oil can cause the piggie to go in the opposite
direction and have diarrhea, so I didn't want to give too much.  After
about 12 hours, I gave another small dose.  Again, from experience I've
learned that the mineral oil can take a while to work, so it's best to
wait at least 12 hours between doses.

We are continuing to give Sunshine mineral oil, but his wheeking has
greatly lessened.

Don't know if this might help, but I thought I would mention it, just in
case.

If the eye dropper you use doesn't have dose markings on it, 0.15 ml is
about a sixth of a dropper.

Cindy, Sunshine, Tumbleweed, and Friday