[Gpdd] CARE: lone piggy

Vanessa vbatcules at cogeco.ca
Sat Nov 10 19:12:02 EST 2007

First I want to appologize to all those who've lost a fur baby recently- my
deepest condolences for your losses- it is always so very difficult to lose
one of our little ones, and if I didn't believe they are all happy and at
the Bridge, healthy and strong, I don't think I could stand it.  So please
accept my late condolences.  I've been watching my own dear Ratso start to
decline and have been very worried.  I've taken him to the vet twice- he's
lost about 200gr since July and more this past week. He has a tumour of some
sort. The vet spoke to me about doing an ultra sound and perhaps a biopsy,
but Ratso is at least 6 1/2 (he was a rescue piggy from the Humane Society
and that is the closest we can figure his age to be).  I know I'll be losing
him soon, and the vet and I agreed it would not be good for him to put him
through a lot of tests and things at this stage of his life.
Which brings me to my next question- his former cage-mate, Dude.  They have
been separated for about 4 years now, but in adjoining cages, and when my
little girl, Skittles died earlier this year, he seemed very antsy for a
while. But he had Ratso for company at the time.  When Ratso departs for the
bridge, I'm not sure how Dude will react.  Has anyone else had this dilema?
How did the one left behind do afterwards? Dude is the same age as Ratso,
but seems very healthy and happy....
My heart is breaking....

Thanks for any help you can give me

Vanessa, slave to Ratso, Dude and my forever princess Skittles