[Gpdd] Misc: Condolences for Boulotte

milton.the_bold at virgin.net milton.the_bold at virgin.net
Tue Nov 13 17:44:56 EST 2007

 Dear Debbie and the Dolly Mixtures, I was sorry to read about Boulotte.  She sounded like a lovely character, very sweet too.   From what I know about guinea pigs and falls (I have had a few in my time), it's unusual for a pig to eat straight away if they have been hurt or shocked by a fall.  Try not to blame yourself, it seems likely that it was Boulotte's dodderiness which caused the fall, rather than the other way round.  I hope that your sad thoughts are soon overtaken by happy memories of Boulotte and her many friends. Also, condolences to everyone else who has lost piggies.   On a (non-GP) topic, I lost my recently-rescued rabbit, Buddy, last week, after a sudden illness.  He was at least five years old.  My unspayed female rabbit, Poppy, tolerated him though a baby gate while he lived in the playroom and kept the guinea pigs company during their exercise time (he was very docile).  I got very close to Buddy in the six weeks he was here, he seemed full of life and losing him was a big shock.  As my original intention in adopting Buddy was to provide social stimulation for Poppy when I am at work, I will be adopting another rabbit soon.  However, it's unlikely that any new rabbit will be of the same soft, docile temperament that Buddy had… the Lads and I will miss him greatly. Milton and the Lads