[Gpdd] silly: Lot is a Chirper, Thunderbear Dunya and calendar

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:48:59 EST 2007

Hi All,

Just a few things I wanted to share..

First of all we discovered Lotje is a Chirper! As you might know my
boyfriend and me just bought a house and we moved the piggies there in the
beginning of November. (we made a really cool moving card featuring our
girls (of course), I will try to put it online soon and send you the link)
Since the living room where they will eventually have their own space is not
ready yet, we keep the girls in our bedroom. Daddy slave Erwin asked me if
it was okay to have them in the bedroom at night since he thinks the piggies
chewing jaws and other piggies sounds are relaxing...
Probably we will also find a way to give them a night cage in the
bedroom...Wow, I'm guessing my boyfriend is a hooked slave ;)
Btw, does anyone have tips for making a two level cage? Our room for the
cage in bedroom is limited. I especially like tips on how to make the ramp,
angle, does it need an edge to avoid them fallling of things like that...
Unfortunately things like coroplast are not readily available in the
Netherlands
Anywayz, This wheek somewhere late in the evening, i was sitting in our
bedroom next to the cages and I thought a heard a bird. Our house however is
sound proof, meaning that when windows and such are closed we hardly hear
any sounds from outside. The 'bird" I heard could only be outside, near the
window or such. But I soon figured that would not be possible, also it
sounded almost like this "bird" was sitting on my shoulder.
Then I quickly thought of the girls, of course Guinea pigs can chirp... only
in the 3 and a half years I've had Lotje and Guiny I never heard them do
that... So I carefully checked who was doing the Chriping and saw it was
Lotje. She was just sitting there making these bird sounds, it felt quite
special. Guiny however did not seem impressed, she just kept on chewing her
hay. Dunya however was sitting very still and silent listening to Lotje.
Daddy slave was a bit concerned about the other girls feeling less special
then Lotje... It is Lotje who is the Chirper, Lotje wins all kinds of
contests (Holiday GP on a dutch forum, She in a dutch kalendar for a guinea
pig rescue, the was pet of the day, won 8th in the cuddlecontest) and is
daddy;s little girl....
Btw, Lotje's eye is looking a lot better, she is still on antibiotics but
seems to be sneezing less...

Thunderbear Dunya is still training hard to keep up with her running.
Yesterday is wanted to move one part of the cage. The cages the girls have
are connected by a piece of drainpipe, through which they can go from one
cage to the other. I lifted the cage with Dunya in it. While lifting her i
hit the cage on something which scared her and made her run. Her reaction
was to run to the other cage like she always does when something scares her,
however were the other cage and the drainpipe normally is, there was only a
hole in the cage. I noticed Dunya running away, but did not realize right
away she went for the hole. Until i felt something on my knee, it was Dunya
hanging on my knee, keeping pretty still to prevent her from falling down. I
could easily pick her up, which is special since usually when i try to pick
her up she squeals and tries to run from me... I'm very happy that i could
get her like that and that she did not just fall out of the cage..!
Dunya wants to say hi to all her teammembers of the Thunderbears!  And she
wants to be part of the DAPS society!! Is there going to be a weight limit?
Dunya is going towards 1 kilo, and I would not want her to stop eating just
to be able to stay in DAPS...

Of course, now that i have spent some words on Lotje and Dunya, Guiny does
not want to be left out. Lady Guinyvere wants to say hi to all the ladies at
the teaparty! She also sends her love to Tea (Claire, tea and biscuit, how
are you all doing?)

Just I quick note on the GPDD calendar, Please make sure you send in your
pigtures, if you havent already done so before this sunday!! This sunday is
the closing date for entering pigtures for the calendar.
By the time you all read this, i will have put Kay's pigtures online!
Enjoy, and please mail us if there are incorrect names.

You can still check photos on
http://picasaweb.google.com/pandameisje/GPDDCalendar

Sorry this is a bit long...
Wheeks the Winky Girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya
Slave Mikey
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at pecoma.nl