[Gpdd] Health: "Sows Gone Wild!" and 2nd level houses

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 23:55:36 EST 2007

First of all, here is a link to my new housie for the
piggies, it does include a second level. I built mine
with Cubes and Coroplast. For the ramp I simply bend a
cube so it had a 90 degree angle half way through. I
then used coroplast to put on top of it and glued
strips of scraps of coroplast for grip, I then put
fleece on top of that and secured it to the 2nd level
with zip ties. To put the cage together and make it
cat proof I used about 300 plus zip or cable ties.
Before I could find a source for coroplast I used
cardboard, some corogated cardboard, and wrapped it is
tough plastic, (leaf bags or something stronger)  Then
I wrapped that in fleece, so it was water proof and
the fleece was washable.  So the piggies don't fall
off the 2nd level I simply bent two more cubes to a 90
degree angle and zip tied them to the 2nd level and
one wall where it toutched.  To make the level, I
simply attatched 2 cubes together with LOTS of zip
ties and zipped it to my desired level.  Works great,
the pigs LOVE being in the secong level.

I hope this helps

Also with the sow in heat.  My piggies too will go
through a bit of that. THey will pee on my lap without
giving me any warning signs like they normaly do, and
they mount eachother, rumblestrutt too.

You are not alone in having a P.M.S. (Pretty Mean Sow)
pig, I think we all have them, only some areworse.