[Gpdd] HEALTH: Guinea pig book for beginners

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 17 11:55:11 EST 2007

Dear all

Against my advice, a friend of a friend has purchased 2 guinea pigs for her
children.  Apart from my dread of what is likely to happen to them -- me
being asked in about from now 5 months or less if I would take them -- I
wish to give them the best start I can, even though it's from a distance.

I thought the best thing to do would be to buy her a book to help -- as her
first question to me has been 'What does it mean if they squeak a lot?'

Do any of you have a favourite guinea pig care book that you would recommend
for someone who has never taken care of guinea pigs before?

This would be a book that covers basic care, the foods to provide, best
bedding, things they can play with etc..

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Kind regards

Carole