[Gpdd] HEALTH Carly's three girls

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Nov 17 18:56:37 EST 2007

It sounds to me that your little girls are still sorting out their pecking (pigging?) order. A certain amount of sniffing, mounting and shoving often happens before they sort out who is to be the alpha pig. As long as there is no biting and fighting, they should settle down soon. Paws crossed that you won't need to sleep on the floor again.

I have often added a new piggy to a group and all that happens is the piggy equivalent of a group hug and they all get on with the all important eating. If only all introductions could be that easy. None of my current four groups of sows has an alpha - they are all easy going layabouts.

Best of luck,

Penny and the amiable Piggyfriends.