[Gpdd] HEALTH: Silky is not well

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 17 23:53:05 EST 2007

Silky got a very bad health report a while back -- two possible different kinds of
cancer, pre-renal problems, heartbeat too fast, enlarged colon and cecum, and other
things -- and I think it is beginning to catch up now.

While she is still eating, she doesn't seem as active, and she has passed scary
substances for the second night in a row. She is on pain medicine, benebac
(probiotic) and gas medicine to help her with her problems, so I don't think a trip
to the vet will do much -- I just think the dark time is coming.

I mostly lurk these days, so some of you are probably not sure who I am or who she
is. But some of you may remember her from posts a long while back, with her cage mate
Sooty, who died in February of this year.

She's had a handsome next-door neighbor for a long while now, Moose, and they really
enjoy each other's company. Here they are together:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/wheresthefood.jpg

I've been trying to prepare for her loss for a while now, since the vet report in
mid-September, but I know it will be hard since she has been the most perfect angel.

But if you could send out prayers for her, and for me, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Bethany
The Piggy Pages -- http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/gpigs.htm