[Gpdd] MISC: Deb Ganley's Potter

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 14:14:55 EST 2007

I am sad to announce the sudden passing of Deb Ganley's Potter.   Except for
a relatively minor weight loss of 4 oz (150g), Potter seemed to be in
excellent health.  However, over the weekend she became lethargic and lost  her very
powerful wheeking voice.  Last night, she ate a snack at 4 pm  but was not
interested in her 6 pm salad.  She and Deb had a nice long  cuddle last night but
Deb could tell that something was very wrong.

Deb took her to the vet first thing this morning.  We are fortunate to  have
an excellent vet (think of Dr. Doolittle as a Southerner) and he does
everything in his power to help the little ones.  Potter has always been a  "lumpy
bumpy pig" with multiple lipomas removed but Dr. Hughes found a large,
inoperable abdominal mass.  They made the very difficult decision to help  Potter go
to the Bridge.

Potter was the ring leader of the Ganley girls, who include Mama Molly and
pretty Emma.

Deb made a wonderful salad for a small pig party that included her girls  and
my girls (Lucy & Mina are Emma's sisters).  This was a very large  platter.
Potter climbed on top of the platter and spent a good 10-15  minutes helping
herself.

During this week of Thanksgiving, please give thanks for the privilege  of
caring for guinea pigs.

Regards,

Dana Felice
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House  Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of  adoptable rabbits
at:_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
http://wwww.tampabayhrs.petfinder.com  (check out our new Petfinder address!)

"It doesn't matter what the  kids say. Rabbits are not disposable like a box
of cereal or a Disney video.  They WILL get tired of the rabbits and go on to
the next toy. YOU will have to  deal with the consequences. Unfortunately,
most people deal with the situation  by DUMPING their rabbits on someone else.
Ultimately, it is the bunny that pays  for your inability to say NO."