[Gpdd] MISC Carole's large pig

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Nov 26 11:03:36 EST 2007

There are more boars than sows in the LAPS. In my herd, the LAPS piggies are all boars except for big Daisy, who is a Rex ( Teddy in US and maybe elsewhere? ) and they are often larger than the smooth coated types. I think that your girl could be considered a LAPS in training and as such could have her pigture on the LAPS website. Why not send secretary Hamlet a pigture?

I hope that your piggy who had her teeth filed is now eating properly. It is possible that she has a sore mouth as her teeth were hurting her tongue. In the bad old days, when my piggies had to have an anaesthetic for dental work, I often had to syringe feed them for a few days until they had recovered and I also used Daktarin oral gel to soothe any soreness. Some painkiller might help too.

I am so glad to read that Ginger is doing well.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.