[Gpdd] HEALTH Abscess update-not good news

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Nov 28 04:50:58 EST 2007

Joanne,

I am so sorry to read your vet's diagnosis about your piggy. I can understand you not wanting her, at 7 years old, to have to undergo anaesthesia.

My vet will always try to do a conscious X-ray on small animals by using sandbags to keep them in place during the procedure and only uses a light anaesthetic as a last resort.

Last year, my Barley needed an X-ray and despite being a large and energetic piggy, he was kept still by the sandbags long enough for the "picture" to be taken and I wonder if your vet could do the same.

Of course, if the diagnosis is correct, you probably would not want to go ahead with extensive surgery but it might help to know what the problem is.

It is good news that she is eating up well.

Give her a hug from us all,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.