[Gpdd] Announcement: A new member of the family

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:00:07 EDT 2007

Hello!

I wanted to pop in and introduce our new member.  Rich has named her
Kaylee.  She is a smooth haired tricolored sweetie.  She's around 7 months
old and is very lively.  She's taken to Rich very well, but is still unsure
of me.  She really is just too cute to describe properly.  I'll have to get
some pictures when she settles into her new home and I'll post the link.

Charlie was having a hard time after we lost Rosie.  He wasn't himself.  He
didn't go around looking for her too much, but all the same he seemed lost
and was losing weight.  We fostered a girl for a time so he had a neighbor
(I tried pairing them, but it didn't work out).  Having a neighbor helped a
lot, but he needs someone to be close to.  He's so much happier with Kaylee
in his life now.  He's perked up, gained weight and is trying his best to
keep up with her.  He is a least four (I have no idea what his exact age is)
and she is less than a year so it's a challenge, but he's doing  very well.

She's coming around too.  She'll approach us now and doesn't shriek when we
pick her up, but she still doesn't like it much.  She is so tiny!  under 800
grams.  I'm hoping she'll grow a little, but not counting on much more.  She
has gained about an ounce since we adopted her though.  I think she really
likes floor time too.  She's only been on the floor once, but was very
curious about the whole thing.

Piggy Kisses,
Maren, Charlie, and the newbie Kaylee