[Gpdd] MISC: GPs are so misunderstood

Joanne Colangelo dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 13:53:56 EDT 2007

Is it me or what?  I have my wonderful 5 piggies and no one I know shares my love of them.  People LAUGH when I tell them that they are MY pigs.  People assume that guinea pigs are for children and that it's ridiculous that I love them so much.  They understand loving a dog or cat...but a guinea pig?  "It's a rodent!" they tell me.  Just the other day, when I inquired about doing a fundraiser for piggy rescue with a shopkeeper, he laughed at me and said.."Rescue?  People eat those things!"
Any comments?
I'm glad this group loves piggies as much as I do.  You really understand the joys and pain of living with them and I appreciate that!

Hugs,
Joanne

 Doggies:  Becky, Haley, Rudy
Kitties: Tiggerbella, Autumn, Angelica, Billy
Piggies:  Spicy, Merri, Macie, Teddy, Baci