[Gpdd] Misc: Reese, the Ty Beanie Baby

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 18:13:07 EDT 2007

I was not going to post about this, but since others have mentioned it, I had to add my 2 cents.  Before my current GP Gordon, I was introduced to the world of Guineas by a little GP that someone had dumped in the woods behind my house.  I wasn't looking for a guinea pig, and had never even thought about one, but I was afraid that it would die in the woods, so I caught it (it took me a full week to catch it), and posted signs to look for the owners.  Well, the owners never showed up, and the rescued GP adopted me.  I named him "Reese", for Recycled Guinea Pig and because, at the time, I didn't know if it was a male or a female, and because I finally caught him in my "recycle box".   Reese was with me for over 3 years, and died of cancer in 2005.  He was probably between 4-5 years old.  When I saw the Ty Beanie, I was shocked because it was named "Reese" and had the same coloring (although my Reese was smooth-haired).  I ordered one even before they were available.

  Reese was my constant companion, and he made me a "Slave" for life - I coordinate the annual "Peter Gurney Candle Lighting", in March.  It may be just a strange coincidence, but to me the new Ty Beanie was just too much like my beloved Reese to ignore.

  Audrey, Slave to Gordon (who approves)
  Remembering Reese, at the Bridge and in my heart