[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Oh Dear Toofies again :o(

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Thu Oct 4 22:16:52 EDT 2007

Yes we had the toofie trim wed. afternoon, 2 hours later i left the
vets.  He had a horrible reaction, laying down on his side, wanting to
sleep not responsive.....
Oh it was awful.... i felt like throwing up (gross i know but it's how i
felt, real sick to the stomach)
Once again he's reacted after having his toofies done, they use iso so i
know it's not that.  They think it might be diabetes??? But as he was
not feeling too good they didn't want to do any tests on him at the
time.  I have to go in 4 weeks for another trim they will test then, but
i can't go thru this again, he's not young enough to cope with all this
stress pain etc...
Plus they had to burr down a toofie that was growing into his gum, i
didn't know BAD BAD SLAVE grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So in total he had both incicsors cut right down cause they were split
(in behind where i couldn't see), bottom molars grounded right back as
they were meeting and one top molar ground off cause it was growing into
his gum.
He's on metacam, Baytril, probiotics (had some sent over from the UK),
eye cream still, daktarin still and 5 serves of CC a day, plus lots of
water and i'm hand feeding tid bits of food.  Early this morning at the
2am feed he was rejecting the CC but i managed with a lot of cajoling
and coaxing and then i hand fed food, got back to bed at 3am and then up
at 4am to check him again.  I've promised myself i'll check him every
two hours no matter what.
Please cross your paws that his toofies grow quickly and he can then
start to pickup food on his own as he's getting so frustrated the poor
little guy.  One thing i've managed to keep his weight at a reasonable
1020g.
Sorry this is so long.

Glynis and Duke - not happy no toofies and a sore mouth (in mem Sully)