[Gpdd] Care: How long can babies stay with their mommies

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 03:25:58 EDT 2007

Hey Sandy, woman of knowledge and experience!
     Good to see you here. I was the lucky and grateful inheritor of your
Peter Gurney book on illnesses of piggies. (thank you!) I don't believe this book
addresses the time to stay with mama. I have read that up to 4 wheeeks is ok
but many are more comfortable with 3 wheeeks. Wilson was only 20 days when I
brought him home with me (and Oh, but I still miss him and the other original
Jolly Rodents terribly), but his brother stayed with momma for a few more days.
Wilson was such a scared little lonely pup at first.
     I wish I knew if 4 weeks is safe in all cases. Three wheeeks seems a
short time to be with their piggy mommies.

Keep posting and thanks for posting about the medication when they are
suffering and no vet can be found. I truly admire your willingness to explore this
topic. Good bless you and the Square Ed.

"Alge the good"    :)    and of course the 2 remaining Jolly Rodents, Chester
and Charlie