[Gpdd] Health: Princess Snowflake went to the Vet

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Wed Oct 10 10:24:17 EDT 2007

Hello Slaves!
On Monday, I took advantage of my day off
and took the little Princess to see Dr. Griffin for
her 1st check-up. Dr. G, April, and Janet were
happy to meet my new piggie and gave her a
warm Welcome.

Miss Snowflake did pretty good, but she did
wheeeeek with disapproval when they
checked her teefies. Her lungs sounded good
when Dr. G used the stethoscope (sp?) thingy,
but I told him that she breathed a little heavier
than I would like. So, he held her up to his ear
and he could tell what I meant. At the shelter,
kennel cough was going around like mad with
the doggies, so with all of this info, the doc
recommended a round of Bactrim, just to be
on the safe side. I agreed.

Dr. G guestimated her age to be between
10-14 months, so I guess the shelter was
correct with their guestimate of 1 year old.
She is so little, so I thought she was younger.
But, she has not put on any weight since I got
her and she's quite the eater. So, I was suspecting
that she was older than her size suggested.
She's weighing in at 1 lb/13 ounces (1.8 pounds/
816 grams).

One of the Princess's back toe nails is a little
messed up and it looks like there's a top nail
(that should fall off) and a bottom nail. I don't
know, but to me, it looks like she could have
been kept in a rabbit cage and maybe her
nail got caught (???). But, I don't know. I'm just
guessing. I have been keeping an eye on it
ever since she came to us, and will continue
to do so.

I bought her some Oxbow Cavy Cuisine pellets
and some Vit C tablets. And boy! was she
happy to get some decent pellets. The pellets
I bought I bought from Petco were not the best,
but I figured it would do temporarily.

On the way home, the Princess was exhausted.
It was yet another big day for her. She did pretty
good in the car and ate her timothy hay like a
good piggie. The movement of the car didn't
seem to bother her at all. She finally laid down
on the way home. But, for a little while, she had
this look of concern on her face, like she wasn't
sure if she was coming back home with me. And I
understand why, because she has lived in three
different places in the past couple of wheeeks.

So, once I got her back home and in her cage,
she looked Happy as a Ham! (no pun intended)

         Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
                 Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake :-)