[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Agoutis

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Oct 15 15:17:58 EDT 2007

One of my first two Munchees was a golden (?) agouti named Kaz.  She had
a reddish streak on her left side and under her neck.  I called her my
adventuress.  If she could find a way past the "fence" that kept them
from going down the hallway, she would and I'd have to try to coax her
out from under the bed back to the living room.  She also made this kind
of guttural noise when she walked.  A couple of years ago I took in a
couple of girls, sight unseen, from a colleague here at work whose kids
were no longer interested in them.  There names were Curley and Bingo.
To my surprise, Curley looked a lot like Fuzzee (official "K" name was
Kris) and Bingo looked like Kaz.  Naturally, Curley's name was changed
to Kurlee and as I got to know Bingo, I just had to change it to
Kazingo.  Not only was she very similar in color with the reddish
streak, she was also an adventuress and made that same guttural sound
that Kaz made.  I don't know if it had anything to do with their breed
or if they were related, but it always amazed me how similar these two
were both in how they looked and in their behavior.

Kacee and the Munchees 10