[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: very belated condolences, Archie and Dougall

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Thu Oct 18 13:01:36 EDT 2007

Julie and Brandy, please forgive our very belated condolences on the passings of Archie and Dougall.  Your post was so touching, and we are so very sorry for your losses.  We understand just what you mean about your special bond with Archie, and we know the bond was made even closer as you worked so hard to keep his weight up.  You did everything you could, and we know he knew it.  Although it is so sad that he is gone, we are glad that he was able to leave this world from the safety of your arms. He obviously didn't want to leave you, and it was so poignant to read of your telling him that it was OK to go.  Archie was lucky to be so loved.

Reading about Dougall was heart-breaking, too.  We are so sorry that the vet you took him to didn't have any idea of how to treat heatstroke in piggies.  Please don't blame yourself.  Rushing him to a vet was the sensible thing to do and you couldn't have known that this vet wouldn't apply the proper treatments.  You were in an unfamiliar area and did what you thought was best.  That's all we can do.  The important thing is that Dougall had a wonderful life with you and knew how much you loved him.  Please try to remember all of his wonderful days with you.

We would also like to welcome Brandy Alexander Johnson.  What a lucky guy he is to become part of your family!  We will look forward to hearing more about him.  We know that Archie and Dougall would be proud that you have adopted another piggie; what a tribute to them.

Sadly,
Cindy, Sunshine, Tumbleweed, and Friday