[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi's weight

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Oct 20 13:49:11 EDT 2007

  Hi! I have a question about Mimi. I think she is too skinny & want to help her gain weight, but she is hooked on those garbage pellets from the H.L. The brand is "Brown's" guinea pig pellets & I've been mixing in Oxbow since she got her 6 weeks ago, trying to slowly wean her onto the Oxbow, but she just eats all the Brown's pellets & leaves the Oxbow. She is approximately 5 months old & weighs 1lb.12oz. I think that's way too skinny. I can see the bones in her haunches. Now granted she did just finish nursing 4 babies. What can I do to help her gain weight? Do you think I should just let her stay on the Brown's pellets & forget about the Oxbow? I just want her to eat as much as possible. However, I don't want her diet now to cause health problems in the future. I don't like the Brown's pellets. First of all, they come in a 25lb. bag, so I know by the time you finish off a 25lb. bag of food for one piggie it's lost most of it's nutritional value. Plus I've found pieces of corn & even a few sticks in it! Any advice on how to help Mimi would be appreciated. Thanks!

~Jaime~
~Mimi & the (now adoptable!)mini "Mimi's" +
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/