[Gpdd] Health: Healing Weeeks and an update

Christina Smith christina.daniels.smith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:55:50 EDT 2007

Yoshi and Magnus send there love to Sunshine and Mimi.  I am thrilled that
Sunshine did so well.  Also, Yoshi would like to let Mimi know that if she
does not struggle they might be able to see her teeth without anesthesia.
He has had his teeth looked at alot lately and they did not put him under.
During their normal check ups the vet here uses what looks like a long human
ear light.  They chew on the funnel part, but he can see their teeth that
way.

Well Yoshi was on the roller coaster again this weekend!  He did great
Thursday and Friday, eating veggies, hay, and pellets!!!  Not alot, but
alittle.  Then Saturday he drank, but refused to eat.  So into the emergency
vet...  Well they took him for the rest of the weekend.  He got tube fed
(down his little throat, so he could not refuse) that night.  It took them
awhile to find his teeth; his pockets were full of all the food I tried to
feed him!!!  Then Sunday and Monday he ate CC and baby food from the
syringe.  Monday and today he has been chowing down on his veggies and hay
and pellets!!!  He is almost eating as much as Magnus!!!  At the emergency
vet they took an x-ray, which I went over with the normal vet; I transferred
Yoshi there yesterday.  The vet said that Yoshi was looking better.  He was;
the emergency added 30g to him.  He agreed with my fear (what I saw in the
x-ray).  Yoshi has a new HUGE bladder stone.  However the vet said at this
size the stone will not be passed.  The good thing is that it is floating in
there, and does not seem to be bothering Yoshi.  I can not wait until Yoshi
gets his weight back and we can try the Shilintong!

Sorry for the length, but at least Yoshi is home now.  He is fighting Magnus
for his food, but they love that!  I am keeping everything crossed for
Sunshine, Mimi, and my little Yoshi.

-Christina, Ed, Magnus (glad that Yoshi is home), and Yoshi