[Gpdd] HEALTH: Heart Problems

Mary Beth McCormack bethmack at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 26 13:10:08 EDT 2007

Although I have been a long time subscriber, I do not post much. But I
do have some useful information for those of you who have a "heart pig".
Our Harry developed respiratory problems in early September. He is
almost 2 years. His lungs were almost completely filled with fluid. The
cause of his respiratory problems was due to his heart. After an
emergency injection of Lasix and 2 days in oxygen at the vet, he came
home on Lasix alternating with  Enalapril, an ACE inhibitor. I refer you
to the two links below that gives very useful information on heart
piggies and the medications you can use. In addition, if you go onto the
site's forum, there is a specific area devoted to discussion of piggies
with heart problems.
Harry is doing just fine...more energized...even popcorns now!

Hope this is helpful.....there is hope for a piggie with heart problems!!!!

Mary Beth
Wisconsin

http://www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

http://www.guinealynx.info/cardiovascular_agents.html