[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Fri Oct 26 14:37:01 EDT 2007

  Well, I had Mimi to see Dr. Hall yesterday (her regular vet)& he did the x-ray & said he saw no stones. He said that doesn't mean there isn't some sludge or teeny little stones, but no big obvious stones or anything showed up on the x-rays. Which leaves me with alot of unanswered questions. She is eating enough to hold her weight at 1lb.12oz. She doesn't eat much, but is holding there. She barely drinks either. Although Dr. Hall checked her & said she doesn't seem dehydrated. The other vet said that too. I do give her some fruits & veggies as part of her diet, but it doesn't seem like enough to hydrate her. She has never been a big drinker since she came to live with us though. Dr. Hall said she is a tiny piggie. Not just in weight, but in general size. He said he guesses that's just how she is naturally. So now the question of why she stopped eating in the first place & why she cries when she poos? She is on painkiller which seems to help some, but she did actually cry when she pooed at the vets yesterday. He poos are still sticky too. They've been that way since she came to be with us. He said she hasn't been on the antibiotic (AB) long enough to judge if it is helping yet (this is only her 3rd full day & she is to take it for 14 days) so to keep with the AB. She is also on Reglan for 5 days. I'm worried what is going to happen after those 5 days after she goes off it. I wonder if her digestive system will start shutting down again. When she had stopped eating the other vet gave her the Reglan. After the first dose of Reglan she started eating again a couple hours later. I hate to see her on all these meds. She's on Trimethoprim 0.3ml. twice a day, Reglan 0.3ml. twice a day, & Torbugesic 0.1cc twice a day. I guess I'm just not sure where we go from here. He said just to monitor her & make sure she keeps eating & drinking at the pace she is at now. Make sure her weight doesn't drop & give the ABs time to work. He also said she might have a little respiratory thing going, which the ABs should also help with. I thought she might have some respiratory issues but the vet at the Humane League said she was fine. =( So I just hope we can pull her thru all this & whatever is going on will pass. Not sure what else to do right now. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks.

~Jaime~
~Mimi & the (now adoptable!)mini "Mimi's" +
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/