[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: timid pigs

Joanne Colangelo dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 16:56:28 EDT 2007

Hi Grace!  I don't think separating the babies will change anything at all.  My Macie surprised me with 2 boys whom I have handled from day one and they are now 6 months old.  Since they were males, I separated them from Mama and she is sweet and cuddly and living with my other 2 girls.  However, my boys run from me whenever I pass the cage and will run and hide when I approach them.  When I hold them, they just stay still and don't seem to be enjoying my company at all!  I love them and hold them anyway!  So, I don't think removing the mother from the babies will change a thing.  I am assuming (and I could be wrong) that it is just their personalities.  In my case, I actually think Macie contributed to the "problem" as she was very protective of them.
Joanne
Spicy, Merri, Macie, Teddy, and Baci

OPT to ADOPT a homeless animal!