[Gpdd] Announce: rescue piggies

Dee joedee1986 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 18:09:51 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

  Just want to update you all on the four boars Joe and I have been helping with that were part of the 150 rescued in Methuen, Mass.

  Joe and I have been visiting them at the Medfield Animal Shelter and they are doing fine.  They are still very shy, but are starting to get used to being handled.  We got the opportunity to name them.  I named the biggest boar, a brown agouti, Nevin for Nevin's Farm who helped rescue him.  Another I named Curry because he has that curry spice color.  The little black one I named Joey and Joe named the black and white Abby Spunky.

  There are some pigtures on the shelter web site: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MA57.html.  Curry missed getting his pigture taken.  I think Spunky is so cute and would like to adopt him myself!

  The shelter is starting to get some calls, so hopefully they will get adopted.  The shelter is small and can only take a few piggies at a time.  They are working on making a piggie room so they can take in more and get them out of the cat room.  So far the pigs and cats get along okay.  I take the pigs into another room for cuddles just to be safe.

  Dee, who is getting lots of extra piggie cuddles!