[Gpdd] Health: Aeva and the vet

Carly Austin candi191999 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 00:10:58 EDT 2007

Recently we took Aeva to the vet, she wheeped when she
peed.  The vet gave me a penicilin based med, even
after I asked 3 times if it was ok. I took her home
and gave her a dose, then noticed that I had a
message, from the vet stating that she had given me
the wrong thing.

She had gotten really sick, not eating well, or
drinking well. She had really funny poos too.  Just
like Jamie was describing.  I looked on Guinea Lynx
and Peter Gurney site.  I ended up buying some
probiotics and mixing them with water and feeding it
to Aeva, and also I gave her 1/4 of a immodium pill.
After 12 hours it firmed them into shape. They were a
bit softer than normal, but formed.  I gave her this
dose every 12 hours, just crush it between 2 spoons
and mix it with some liquified cucumber. Syrenge it.
Did it for a few days until her appitite picked up.  I
also went out to pick some fresh grass to stimulate
her appitite. Seems to have worked.  She put on 3
ounces again!  Yeah!

Also, I rescued a pig today, well my guy and I did. I
found it in the paper "Free to good home". The mom
didn't even know if it was a she or he, and said that
it was never held, about a year, and skiddish.

Steve picked it up and brought it home, it was the
longes 3 hours til the end of my day EVER!

I got home and you could smell it.  I got a clean
towel and tried to pick her up, took a few minutes.
She was frightened, but calmed down right away.  I put
her into a cat carrier so I could clean her house.
Yuckie!  It was pine bedding, and had not been cleaned
in a long while, and looked as it had never been
cleaned really well.  There was no food in her dish,
and she is very small. I started loading up the icky
bidding into a garbage bag when I notice the bugs,
there were tiny ones and beatles! They were feasting
on the rotting wood chips.  Poor thing.  While I was
scrubing her house, I put some orchard grass in her
carrier.  It was all gone in half an hour.

I gave her a bath too.  I noticed she had a lot of
little dark dandruff? Could be a bug? Help?

I put her house back together and was drying her off,
when I looked in her ears, there is no opening to her
ear cannal, both ears are closed off, so I am assuming
she is so skiddish because she cannot hear!  I am so
happy she found our way to us.  Someday she will meet
"the girls"  Oh yes, she is a she, I found that out
while giving her a bath, I washed her belly and she
poo'd on me many times!  Yummy!

Thanks
Carly