[Gpdd] [health] Mimi

Kay Dudman kdud at waitrose.com
Mon Oct 29 16:55:18 EDT 2007

Jaime

Sorry that Mimi is still poorly.  Yes, it could be the antibiotic that is
upsetting her tummy; my Rowena turned out to be allergic to baytril and had
a very severe reaction earlier in the year, but she pulled through after
lots of TLC.  The other thing I wondered was whether it could be some sort
of trouble with her uterus that is making her cry when she poops, maybe
something as a result of having had her babies.  My Felicity (who didn't
have babies) had a pyometrium (like an abscess in the womb) and needed an
emergency hysterectomy, but she was fine afterwards.  Maybe the vet could
check Mimi's X-rays again to see whether the pubic bones are in the right
position; they part slightly when about to give birth, but could also be in
this position if Mimi has trouble with her uterus.

I know you said Mimi was on a painkiller; is it metacam?  Sometimes metacam
can upset little piggy tummies, so make sure she has it with food, not on an
empty stomach, maybe one drop would be enough to give relief without causing
unformed droppings.

Hope some of this might help.
Get well soon, Mimi

Kay