[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi

Elizabeth Williams gegoderod at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 29 22:17:47 EDT 2007

It is possible for piggies to get parasites.  Mine got a parasite from eating grass outside.  The vet said they usually get this parasite from coming into contact with bird poop.  The vet said this parasite wasn't a big problem in adult piggies, but in young or weakened piggies it caused noticeable diarrhea.

I had my guinea pig Isabel on a pain killer (don't remember which one) and that caused her to have soft stool.  If you're dealing with soft stool it could also be a digestive or gut motility problem.  In any case, it never hurts to try a little pro biotic and see if that helps.

I hope Mimi gets better quickly.

-Liz

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set