[Gpdd] MISC Skinny pigs

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Oct 31 20:57:46 EDT 2007

I feel so sorry for all the little skinny and Baldwin piggies.

I have read that they were originally bred in a laboratory where they were used for dermatological testing, poor things. I cannot understand how there came to be a market for them as a pet as they need so much extra care, having to be protected from sunshine and being kept warm. They are reputed to have a weakened immune system and are more susceptible to other health issues. They can easily scratch themselves having no coat to protect their skin.

If there is a fashion for these piggies, I hope that it is only amongst people who know exactly how to care for them. It is bad enough seeing "normal" piggies in a pet shop let alone these little ones.

I agree with you M, piggies should have coats to protect them and to keep them warm. But........if someone were to leave one on my doorstep tomorrow it would, of course, have a loving home at Piggyfriends.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, who need their coats to protect them from the miserable English winter, even if they do live indoors.