[Gpdd] MISC- condolences

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Sat Sep 1 11:28:29 EDT 2007

Kacee-
  What a horribly tragic story about Little Munch. The only good I can see from it is that he (or she) got to experience love in the short time he was with you.
  The problem of outdoor cats makes me very angry. Ironically enough I sit here & write this as my neighbor's outdoor cat sleeps next to me. They don't take care of him & just let him roam outside. Even when they're not home they let him out ( with no food or water) He has killed many animals & birds over these years we have lived here. I don't blame him, he is doing what comes instinctively to him, they are the ones to blame. We have tried talking to them about it & they insist if he's inside he's unhappy. Short of arguing with them, we don't know what else to do. I don't want to start a feud with my neighbors. I have enough problems without that. So, we feed him & water him & he sleeps on our porch in a special box we made for him in nice weather & when the weather is bad he sleeps & stays in our garage. He is such a sweet & loving cat. It's a real shame. He follows me everywhere I go! It's kind of cute! I'm not really a cat person, but we need each other I think. He is neutered (I'm surprised they had the sense to do that) & he is also declawed. Real smart to let your declawed cat outside where it can't defend itself. He has been injured more then once since I've known him. They do take him to the vet though. It's not that they don't care about him, they are just ignorant to the dangers that exist out there for him & the impact outdoor cats have on our wildlife.
  I suppose the real blame, however, goes to the ignorant person who dumped a baby guinea pig outside. If there was one, there were certainly more. Or maybe they knew the mom was pregnant & dumped her outside & she then gave birth. I would imagine they are all dead by now. To bad you can't find out who did it & bring some justice to Little Munch's death.
  Anyway, sorry I rambled on & on, I just thought I'd share that story with everyone.
  I'm very sorry you lost Little Munch, but you were a light in his little life that he was lucky to have. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

~Jaime~
~Molly,Radar & Albert always in our hearts~