[Gpdd] Announcement: Please add Remy to the GPDD roll call!

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sun Sep 2 13:08:39 EDT 2007

With great pleasure we announce the addition of Remy the Runner to our
family. Remy is a 4 month old Silkie lilac boar with red eyes. He's a
cutie. He was born either May 2 or May 9, 2007.

Hubby Tony suggested we name him after the French gourmet rat in the
movie "Ratatouille," since there is a resemblance in coat color. I'm
sure a bunch of people will shudder and say he looks like a rat, so I
hope his coat grows fast, so they can appreciate him better. He got a
hair chop from his cagemates at the breeder's.

Remy seems to be an outgoing little guy. He will walk right up to our
hands in the pen. He ran several figure 8's around the perimeter after
his breakfast this morning, while Fluff the dog put his front paws up on
their table and quivered with interest.

Apache has been busy showing Remy who is Head Pig. There has been
rumblestrutting, but no teeth chattering, so we think they will live
together harmoniously. I reminded Apache how good Snowball was to him
when he was just a tiny piglet. In fairness though, Apache has reason to
rumblestrut, since Remy acts like he's ready to take charge.

So Remy meets our needs: providing company for Apache, young enough not
to challenge him too much, being a Silkie so I'm not too allergic (I
hope! I hope!), and being a boar so I don't have to find homes for
babies.

I know a lot of people on the digest do the right thing and get their
cavies from a rescue. That is admirable and I wish I was as big-hearted
as you guys. I hope you understand my decision to go the breeder route
on this one.

Our most heartfelt good wishes to all piggies and their guardians,

Carla, Apache and Remy
Remembering Snowball and Snickers at the Bridge(~..~)(~..~)