[Gpdd] [Misc] Hi, been away

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 10:14:33 EDT 2007

  I have been really busy lately so I haven't been able to keep up with every message on the digest, but I do try to read every one.  I wanted to send my condolences to all that has lost a furry baby recently and to those that are ill, sending lots of healing vibes.

  An update on my herd.  If any of you recall that my Ivy had bumblefoot back in April, well she no longer has it, however, she does have significant calcification of her front and back legs.  For a while, I thought I was going to lose her or have to put her down, but she continued to eat good even though I had to force her at times.  She can not walk that well and when she does walk, she has to have her back legs spread wide to keep her balance.  She is even gaining weight back.  Hope she continues to keep good progress.  Ivy is a fighter and has a very strong will to live.

  The other guinea girls are doing fine also.  We have a new addition to the furry babies, a black-hooded rat named Simon.  I love to watch him eat and run around, he is very comical.
  Does anyone else on here have a rat that you can give me any tips or advice on them.

  Wheeks to all,
  Lis and the Guinea Girls and Kymber the dog and Simon the rat too
  Forever in my Heart, Cupcake, Flint, Silverado, & Hazelnut

    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"

  The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"

  http://www.cavylover74.blinkz.com/
  360.yahoo.com/cavylover74