[Gpdd] [MISC]<Jan the Boar memories>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:14:04 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I just wanted to write a bit about Jan the Boar and how i'll remember him. I' ll try not to make it too long. You all probably know him from his virtual adventures. Overcoming his manlyness issues with the help of the jolly rodents and dating pennies pigs at the pigolympigs, a proud LAPS member, Or telling funny stories; for example when he became pet of the day: http://petoftheday.com/archive/2007/March/23.html
But now i'd like to tell you what he was really like.

He was extremely sweet. He loved to cuddle. I sometimes felt that if he only had had longer paws, he would have wrapped them around me. Instead he just pushed his nose firmly in my neck. He made an excellent piggy puddle. When he stretched out on your lap, enjoying being stroked, i had a whole lap covered in hair. He also made piggy-airkisses every morning when i came to bring the pigs their food. Handling him was the easiest thing ever. I could do anything with him. Just this friday i discovered that he loved it when i laid him on his back, and rubbed his belly. It made him smile the piggysmile (upper lips parted) i will never forget that last smile. When i petted him in his cage, he would sometime roll over, just because he forgot to stand while he was enjoying being petted.

He was also very gentle towards his ladies. Every morning when i brought the veggies, he would stand waiting in a corner of the cage until his girls received their veggies. Only then would he run towards me and get his own veggies. This pigture is very typical of him (him adoring lotje and letting her have the basket) http://xs314.xs.to/xs314/07144/Basket.JPG
Although he was very sweet, this did not mean that he did not have a mind of his own. He could be very strong headed. For example, when he decided that he wanted to remodel my new table. Not even yukkie perfume sprayed on the table legs could keep him from his mission. Or every time when my sisters boyfriend fed him his vitamine c and he refused to take it from me for at least a week. Trying to tell me that uncle erwins pills were mucht yummier (or telling me to get a boyfriendslave, i dont know ;-) ).
Jan had the biggest nose. People who have met him, always say that he looks like a rabbit.
http://xs116.xs.to/xs116/07241/GroenJan02b.JPG
That was also one of his nicknames, 'neus' (which is dutch for Nose, it's pronounciation is similar to 'noise' ). I also just called him 'beertje' (which is dutch for little boar/bear and is pronounced as 'Birtjah'. boar and bear are the same word in dutch and this title fitted him perfectly)
Jan (i'm sorry to say this ;-) ) had a very girly wheek. It was so funny. It was soft and high, like a little shy 3-year old girl. I will miss that sound.. it always made me smile.

Jan, i will miss you very much, little guy! How are the girls gonna settle their little tiffs without you? I hope you have met the original jolly rodents at the rainbow bridge and that you are strutting your little butt off like you used to, while singing the rumblestrut blues with them.

Your slave, forever.
Janneke

And your girls, Suus, Yaya, Guiny, Lotje and Dunya