[Gpdd] CARE Edible trees

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Sep 5 19:24:27 EDT 2007

Stefanie,

The wood of apple and pear trees are safe to give to your piggies. The Piggyfriends get the prunings from my trees.

One day, when I was at my Rodentologists, a client who had boarded her pigs had left a big bag of pear leaves for them and for the piggies who live there. Quite a few piggies were munching them. It may be an acquired taste but the leaves are safe for them. I don't think that crab apples would be appreciated as they are very sour but the wood will be OK.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.