[Gpdd] [CARE] Branches to eat

warmbreath imwarmbreath at netscape.com
Thu Sep 6 21:02:30 EDT 2007

Hi All Piggies and Piggie People

I was lurking on this other site that deals with the problems with Bunny
Pets.(etherbun)  Apple branches have been very popular there but recently
someone write in about  Peach, Apricot or Almond branches, and the answer
for them is a resounding no, Apple is good not some others and also in the
post was the warning that they are packaged by that Chinese company who make
virtually every pet toy on the aisle. You have no idea if they were sprayed
at some point. Better stick to organic ones from the USA, or your yard.

You know those many colored wood toys with the bells and ropes, that kind of
toys?   If you do soak it in warm water overnight, the amount of color that
comes out is humongous, then soak it again till its kinda washed out
looking, then inspect it for wires pins etc. And of course we all know the
story about oversized plastic roll around balls for guinea pigs are a huge
no no as are leashes and collars

here are the links that were given, I can't preview them because my computer
is having a temper tantrum, I can go in and out of pages but I cant open an
URL in a message  Also I am realizing that Buns and Pigz are very different,
might not be on the same family of animals, so read with piggies in mind

 http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Food/feeding_en.pdf (see page 22)
http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/toxic.html#p
http://www.mnhouserabbit.org/care/toys.html
http://www.mnhouserabbit.org/care/toxic.html#p

Any way pet stores are good for some beddings, pens, pigloos, emergency food
or hay, water bottles, etc. I would not even buy a feed or water crock there
as there are different rules (or lack) and they could have lead, again made
in China. Be sure to use those wide plastic plumbing pipes for piggies to
play in .The short 8 inch ones, a curved one, but best of all the Y
connectors put in with boars.
Sandy