[Gpdd] Misn. animal Rescue site

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Sep 8 17:21:46 EDT 2007

Hello People of Good Will,

I "Alge," received the following, from a friend, in today's email. She knows
I   click on the animal rescue site and thought we might be interested in the
following.

" You know the Animal Rescue Site that asks everyone to press a button
and they donate to shelters to help animals......well....I found out
something today that I didn't like.  That organization ONLY donates to:
  Fund for Animals, Petfinder.com, and Northshore Animal League.   They
collect funds and send them off to these 3 places only.  I questioned
today about their marketing and why they are not sending food to
shelters like we all think they are doing.....they said those are their
three partners and sponsors as well.

I for one will not PRESS that button again....as Northshore doesn't
send anything to animals anywhere, Petfinder isn't even a shelter, so I
don't know where the money goes, and Fund for Animals doesn't help
shelters either.......Makes me mad..... "   (end of her email)

Depressing, huh? However, I may continue clicking the button vainly hoping
that somehow there is some benefit to the animals (and children for the
children's link).   :(    Petfinder at least provides a service.   (It's getting
easier and easier to become a cynic in todays world, isn't it?)

Alge