[Gpdd] MISC- memorial stones

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 10 00:19:00 EDT 2007

Hi Jamie,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Molly. A friend of mind painted a memorial
stone for Sally. I picked out a nice stone and then she painted it with
acrylic paints (which can even be picked up at a Dollar Store). The next day
I sprayed it with outdoor Varathane (spray varnish) and did the same again
the next day.  All told the cost is under $10. I know this method lasts as
we painted rocks with my stepdaughter about 12 years ago and have left them
in the garden ever since. They still look as good as the day they were done
and they been out in all the harsh weather Canada can throw at them. I'll
send a picture of the one for Sally separately as I know the attachment
won't show up on the digest sorry (I'll try and post it to the web soon).

All the best,

Martha, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis