[Gpdd] Health Patches has a snotty sounding nose

peggy hamlin peggy-hamlin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 11 13:09:28 EDT 2007

Hi, I don't post often, but I lurk everyday. My GP Patches has a snotty sounding nose. No discharge. He weighs 2 lbs, 12 oz, he is eating and running around. He is pooping normally. Should I be worried about a URI? We don't have a GP trained vet in this area. I do have (human) Bactrim DS tablets. Can I crush one of these and give to him or not? Hope someone has some advise for me, also if it is a URI can it be passed to the other  pigs and bunny in the house? Also it seems that someone on the GPDD has bunnys and I was wondering what to do with a rabbit who won't eat hay? You can email about the bunny if we can't discuss it on this forum.. Would like to find a site like the Gpdd, but for bunnies.  Thank you so much, really worried about Patches.
                 Peggy, and the Zoo ( Gp's Patches, Mater and Moogles. Freckles the bun, Petey the parakeet, Tipsy the dog and numerous unnamed fish)