[Gpdd] HEALTH: Psyllium

Kirsten McKnight kirsten.mcknight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:08:33 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm behind on my posts at the moment but wanted to ask you all if any of you
have used psyllium for your fur-babies. It's a health-food type product
which many people use to add fibre to their diet. I'm trying to figure out
how to get more fibre into Licorice as he absolutely refuses to eat hay and
will only eat fresh grass. Once the grass dries even a little, that's it. He
won't touch it again. We're supplementing him with Critical Care and mushed
up critter bricks (the kind you feed to hamsters rats etc - he's always like
those which we always fed in moderation) mixed with a little unsweetened
cranberry juice. I don't know what else to do as he is losing weight again
and I know that hand-feeding him is not enough with respect to fibre. I know
it's not the quality of the hay - everyone else absolutely adores the hay
I've been getting from a friend who has horses and has some timothy hay
baled. He seems to have a little pocket in his gums and we think food is
packing in there or hay is poking him there and he doesn't like it. I'm
really hoping the psyllium might help. I desperately want to keep him
healthy.

thanks everybody for your advice....

Kirsten and the Critter Crew