[Gpdd] CARE: Patches and rabbits

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Fri Sep 14 18:42:03 EDT 2007

Peggy, I am not sure what to tell you about your piggie Patches and a possible URI.  I hope that someone else has been able to offer you advice or suggestions.

As for your rabbit who won't eat hay, we had the same problem with our bunny, E.B. White (RIP).  He didn't like hay until he was seven years old!  (He lived to be almost 12).  I finally got on the floor with him and started feeding him hay strand by strand.  We started with alfalfa, and when he finally decided he liked that, I ultimately switched him to timothy.  It took a lot of patience, though, talking to him, showing him the hay, putting strands up to his mouth, etc.  Finally, though, he got the idea.

As for a group about bunnies, try Petbunny at

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/a/l/albink/petbunny.htm

Hope this helps!  Our best to Patches the gp.

Cindy, Sunshine, Tumbleweed, and Friday